Who We Are at Hillcrest United Methodist Church
Office Hours: Tuesday-Thursday, 10am-2pm
Sunday Worship Service: 9:30am
Communion 1st Sunday of Every Month
Children’s Sunday School – 9:45am, Sundays (September through May)
Adult Bible Study: Thursdays at 7:00p (Zoom) with Pastor Eric Pone
We believe that all people are welcome in God’s eyes and in God’s loving embrace. Our church is made up of individuals from many backgrounds, but united under the common tie of God’s love. We care for each other because we are a family united in Christ and blessed by God.
Jesus reached out to people of all ages and backgrounds. Here at Hillcrest United Methodist Church, we want to do the same. That’s why we have different ministries geared to various life stages and needs. We have a place for everyone to fellowship together and minister to others.
Throughout the following pages you’ll see the multitude of ways that because of you – this is possible, and invite you to participate again.
We want you to be a part of the blessings of God in the life of our church. Join us at Hillcrest so the blessings may flow both ways!
The Hillcrest congregation supports many organizations.
We invite anyone to help with their hands and hearts as we strive to create a better world for God’s children.
We provide financial and physical help to VEAP and Bridging. At Loaves & Fishes we serve meals to those who are hungry, and we give to Simpson Services and Emma Norton’s.
Through the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), we provide assistance during times of disaster, war and hunger. Our outreach efforts reach around the world. The world is our parish.
The mission of Hillcrest is to be a Christ-centered church, committed to care, guided by the holy spirit, bearing witness to our faith in God through action and work in our congregation, community, state, nation, and world. Here are the multitude of ways our mission was put to work through financial contribution, donation and participation the last year.
Loaves and Fishes
- Make meals and feed the hungry at Creekside Community Center
- Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People— Food Shelf donations, including 123 jars of peanut butter and Back to School Supplies
Ultimate Challenge Camp
- We help with religious camp opportunities for youth
- Participate in United Methodist Committee on Relief
Emma Norton Residences
- We support services for women and families; we also donate personal items
Simpson Housing Services
- Housing for homeless in the Metro Area; we donate items and make hundreds of sandwiches for Simpson Shelter
- Distributes household furnishings to people in transition; we collect new or gently used household goods to donate
- Domestic Violence Agency and we donate personal use items
- We create cloth diapers out of donated T-shirts
The Hillcrest Community is more than just Sunday Worship.
We are the Adult Choir, the Knitting and Quilting Groups, and Prayer Ministries. We are the Children & Youth Ministry and United Methodist Women. We are the Lords Ladies and Men’s Breakfast Groups. We all play an important role here in the Hillcrest Family. We reach out into the community in all of these ways, and more.
Knitting & Quilting
- Knitting & Quilting groups meet every month, and are open to everyone—newbies and experts alike!
- The Choir practices every Wednesday during the school year (Sept—May) with special music provided during worship.
- Members participate in Prayer Chains; some on the call list, and some on the email group. It’s a beautiful way to lift up our prayer concerns.
Hanging of the Greens
- Every year on the first Sunday of Advent, we have a special participatory and engaging worship service—where the entire church body can be involved to prepare not only the sanctuary, but our hearts, for Christmas.
United Methodists share a common heritage with other Christians:
- Conviction that God has mercy and love for all people.
- Belief in a triune God–Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Faith in the mystery of salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Celebration of the sacraments.
Your Neighborhood Church
We’re just around the corner and we invite you to stop in!
Hillcrest United Methodist Church
9100 Russell Avenue S., Bloomington, MN 55431